Car accidents are an unfortunate reality in our modern transportation systems. Many such accidents are so serious that they result in death or total disability for the victim/s.
Most people are unaware of their rights, but a person who gets severely injured in a car crash can demand compensation from the insurance company and the at-fault driver. I, Priashna Singh, the head of Singh Barristers, know that money can’t fill the accident’s wounds, but monetary compensation goes a long way to help the devastated families.
If you’ve survived a tragic accident and believe the other person’s negligence caused it, you should contact me, and I would help you receive the right compensation for your loss.
How Can I Help?
- I Know the Laws: Laws regarding the personal injury claim appear straightforward: if you’re innocent, you get compensation. But in reality, the laws are severely disputed, and there are so many conditions attached, which are difficult for normal people to understand.
First, there’s a time limit, after which the claim cannot be filed. In many states, this limit is two years or even less. I can tell you the best time to file the lawsuit.
Next, proving the other party negligence can be difficult and may require extensive investigation.
And finally, if the insurance companies or the defendants hire their own lawyers, it becomes more complex. Keep in mind that since they’re experienced in paying out less compensation, they will always try to find a way to pay you as little as possible.
My team of Brampton Personal Injury Lawyers is familiar with the current laws and amendments, rules and regulations, etc. They also know what tactics insurance companies and defendants’ lawyers can use to avoid paying out compensation.
- I Can Counter the Insurance Companies: If you thought the insurance company you purchased your policy from was friendly and devoted to clients, wait till it’s the time to ask for the benefits you deserve. They have to make a profit for themselves, and they do it by cutting your rights to compensation.
What they do is assign an insurance-adjuster for your case. This person will negotiate not from your side, but on the company’s side. And in order to save the company from paying a lot, they may:
- Deny your injury claim
- Try to hold you as the defaulter
- Relate your injuries to a past/existing health condition
- Try to make the at-fault driver look innocent
Insurance claims-adjusters are highly-trained and experienced. Dealing with them without me by your side can be a tough task.
I will negotiate with the insurance adjuster, handle your claim from start to finish, and also represent your best interests and drag the company to court if necessary. Under no condition will I allow an unfair settlement, something many desperate injured victims and families are compelled into.
- Prove the Negligence of The Other Driver: A personal injury claim gets really complicated when holding the other person responsible. The thing is that they will also try to shift the blame on you.
I will study the case meticulously to make your claim as strong as possible. Defendants often attempt to prove contributory negligence i.e. they’ll try to share responsibility with you so they’d have to pay less. My team of Brampton Motor Vehicle Accident lawyers will get you the right compensation even if you are partially at fault. The amount of compensation may be reduced in such cases.
- Calculating The Value of Your Injury: Accidents bring both physical and mental trauma along with property and financial losses. While medical bills, wage loss, repair costs, and other financial bills can be calculated easily. But, what’s difficult is calculating the loss of your lifestyle. As a victim, you also go through a long spell of mental depression and the havoc rained down on your social and relationship status.
I have contacts with expert economists and psychologists, and I can work with them to decide on the best possible financial compensation. Although money can never fill your wounds, since it is the only thing you can get, you should get the maximum possible that you deserve.
I will also consult intensively with your doctors to assess future compensation for your prolonged suffering.
- File the Lawsuit in Court: If the insurance company and opposition party agree to a fair settlement, then there’s no need to go to court. Studies show that 95% of claims are settled out of court. However, in some cases, talks and negotiations may prove unfruitful. In such situations, you can discuss your best interests with my team of Brampton Personal injury lawyers and me, and we would file the lawsuit in order to get justice.
It’s okay to be worried about the fees of your lawyer. But don’t worry, if you win the claim, my fees are also included in the money you receive.
When Should You Contact The Personal Injury Lawyer?
You can also talk to the insurance company directly, but getting my team of personal injury lawyers can be highly beneficial if:
- You have suffered serious injuries because of another person’s fault
- The defendant is not willing to accept a mistake/fault/negligence
- The insurance company has demanded your past medical record to relate your current injuries to your past health conditions.
- The insurance company is refusing to pay
- You’ve been offered a very low settlement, which is not sufficient to cover all of your losses
- You want financial support for the future in case your injury prevails longer.
Getting my team of Brampton Personal Injury Lawyers is a very important investment that can help you achieve the maximum compensation for what you had to suffer. If you need assistance, you should contact me as soon as possible.
Whether you need a free consultation or want us to represent you with your case, we ensure the victims’ best claims are made.