“Sometimes it takes a good fall to know where you stand!” Hayley Williams
Slip and fall accidents can alter your life forever in a split second. Before you know it, you and your family face enormous physical, financial and emotional burdens that you could not have imagined yesterday.
Brampton personal injury lawyers who handle such cases exclusively can understand the devastating effects of accidents, more so because most accidents are entirely preventable.
They’re often caused by someone’s fault or negligence.
How and Why Did I Slip and Fall?
“Slip and fall accidents” refer to falls that happen due to poor traction or too little friction between your feet and the surface you’re walking on.
Typically, they’re caused by:
- Wet/soapy/greasy floors
- Liquid or other spills
- Loose or unanchored carpets/rugs/mats
- Uneven surfaces
- Defective footwear
- Poorly-lit areas
- Lack of warning signs
- Poorly-maintained properties
However alert you may be, it’s still the duty of the premises-owner and/or those responsible for its upkeep to ensure the safety of those who visit the property.
Brampton slip and fall injury lawyer are aware that people can sustain a variety of injuries in such accidents, ranging from simple bruises and sprains to serious head and neck injuries, internal organ damage, serous fractures etc.
Victims may suffer:
- Fractured tail-bone/ribs
- Hand/wrist/kneecap/hip fracture
- Ankle/foot sprains/fractures
- Facial/dental injuries
- Shoulder or hip dislocation
- Spinal and neck injury
What To Do
The moments following the accident are crucial!
Stay calm and keep your wits about you. Top rated accident lawyers advise:
- Call for help if there’s no one around
- Report the accident immediately to someone in authority on the premises and ensure that it’s documented.
- If possible, take photographs of the exact location and the reason why you slipped and fell.
- Talk to witnesses if any and get their contact details.
- Get immediate medical attention and document it.
- Preserve all clothes and footwear you were wearing at the time.
- Avoid making inadvertent admissions/statements to anyone.
- Contact the nearest personal injury lawyer in Brampton immediately.
These steps go a long way in helping to build a robust compensation claim. Talk to a free consultation injury lawyer for a swift, genuine, comprehensive evaluation of your case.